Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Sprained ankles

After a skiing accident years ago I walked around on a broken ankle for a week thinking it was a sprain.

The first aid personnel at the ski area made me place my whole foot up to my shin in a bucket of ice water. OUCH!!! That hurt more than the injury. Today I would use a frozen Neck Warmer to wrap around the swollen ankle. I would be more apt to apply ice if I didn't have to deal with the harshness and pain of using real ice. Icing an injury reduces swelling, but using ice doesn't have to mean torture!

To read about caring for ankle sprains take a look at this short piece at Womens Health.Gov. Make sure you know if your ankle is sprained or broken.

To find gentle ice packs go to Maine Warmers. All of their products can be frozen or microwaved and make great gifts for people with sprained or broken ankles. Their Neck Warmer makes a good ankle wrap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home